Rad Power Bikes Launches New Commercial Division and Electric Cargo Trike to Address Demand for Efficient and Sustainable Transportation
Hires 20-year bicycle industry veteran Brian Rinckenberger to lead commercial division, launches RadBurro electric cargo trike with payload capacity of 700 lbs.
SEATTLE — January 8, 2018 — Rad Power Bikes®, a Seattle-based direct-to-consumer electric bike company, today announced it has expanded its business with the formation of a new Commercial Division to provide sustainable transportation and last-mile delivery solutions for commercial customers including logistics and delivery companies, courier services, and fleets for corporate campuses and universities. Rad Power Bikes also introduced its newest electric bike model, the RadBurro electric cargo trike purpose-built and specifically designed to meet the requirements of the commercial delivery market for transporting goods in congested urban landscapes.
“The creation of a new Commercial Division represents a pragmatic and exciting step forward for our business,” said Mike Radenbaugh, CEO of Rad Power Bikes. “There is a tremendous market need for lastmile transportation and fulfillment alternatives due to the explosion of e-commerce, the rise of urban centers, and the ever-increasing demand for same-day deliveries to high-density residential areas. Our RadWagon cargo bike and RadCity commuter bikes are already being used for local consumer deliveries. We developed the RadBurro to specifically address the needs of the commercial delivery market, to offset traffic congestion and move towards more sustainable transit. It is exciting for Rad Power Bikes to play a key role in ebike innovation at the forefront of sustainable transportation.”
1. Logistics: Rad Power Bikes’ fleet of electric vehicles are purpose-built to meet the demands of business, addressing many of the logistics industry’s most pressing issues by enhancing operational efficiency, improving fulfilment and delivery timelines, and reducing the cost and waste associated with traditional fulfilment methods.
2. Corporate Campus: By adding ebikes from Rad Power Bikes to their campus transportation options, firms can increase staff mobility, boost employee energy levels and morale, and lower their organization’s carbon footprint.
3. Rental Fleets: Rental bikes from Rad Power Bikes increase revenue potential for bike rental and tour operators, by offering a new and unique experience to rental customers, and by expanding the customer base to include riders of all fitness levels.
4. Delivery: The RadWagon, RadCity and RadBurro offers courier and delivery companies an ecofriendly delivery option to get more done in less time without the need for a major investment in a car, truck or other expensive equipment
The list of business applications shown above is just the start. Ebikes from Rad Power Bikes can benefit many other types of organizations, including:
RadBurro Electric Cargo Trike The RadBurro electric, pedal-assist cargo delivery etrike is a workhorse and an efficient, emission-free delivery solution for commercial delivery companies who have same-day and even on-demand deliveries. This new model features a 20-inch step-through steel-frame along with 17-inch front and rear wheels, and incorporates a 750-watt brushless electric motor capable of achieving a top speed of 20 MPH. RadBurro is powered by a 48V 52.5Ah battery, is highly maneuverable, can comfortably handle payloads of up to 700 pounds, and covers a range of 40-80 miles on a single charge. Additional specs are as follows:
• RadBurro weighs 275 lbs. with flatbed and measures 103” long x 44.5” wide x 21.5” stand-over height.
• RadBurro is adaptable to a wide range of commercial uses, and can be configured with proprietary Flatbed, Truck Bed, Cargo Box and Pedicab/Rickshaw modular attachments.
“With zero fuel cost and zero emissions, low overhead, a small carbon footprint, excellent maneuverability, and access to bike paths and bike lanes, the RadBurro is arguably the most affordable and practical delivery vehicle alternative for its intended geographies,” said Brian Rinckenberger, Commercial Division Director at Rad Power Bikes.
“We are offering our customers tremendous savings on the total cost of ownership for their delivery fleets, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, and helping customers achieve the targets of their sustainability initiatives.”